Click Image for Gallery
Free on all products
Dental Surgical Periotome Anterior Posterior Double End Hollow Handle Instrument
- Manufactured for Optimal results and Precision.
- Periotomes are used in a procedure that facilitates the removal of teeth with minimal damage to the surrounding alveolar bone. This procedure may be used whenever an extraction is indicated, but is particularly important when considering the placement of a dental implant.
- Posterior End Usage The periostome is used to sever the periodontal ligament (PDL) from the root surface of the tooth. The End blade must be angled approx. 20 degree out from the root to ensure the tip of the periotome is within the crest of the alveolar bone and to prevent the blade from slipping. The Periotome blade is pushed into the depth of the sulcus to sever the PDL circumferentially. Repeat this step in stage, to ensure all attachments have been severed.
- Anterior End Usage: The Periotome is pushed several millimeters into the PDL space and is repeated circumferentially until reaching approx 3/4 of the distance to the apex. At this point, the tooth attached only by the most apical portion of the PDL. The tooth may then be extracted without thrusting the extraction forceps deep into the PDL space, preventing damage to the alveolar bone.
- Premium German Stainless Steel with Superior Craftsmanship.
- Non Slip Grip Premium Quality Handle.
- Polish to high Standard Finish.
- Fully guaranteed against defect in material and workmanship.
- Manufactured from High Quality Medical Grade Stainless Steel.
- High Degree of Precision and Flexibility while conducting the Clinical Procedure.
- High Degree of Aesthetic and Corrosion Resistance.
- Product fully conformed to CE marked, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and FDA Standards.